KNITTING GUILD OF GREATER BUFFALO
Spring Seminar – May 15-17, 2014
TEMPLE SHIR SHALOM–Thursday, May 15, 7:30 PM-9:00 PM
RAMADA INN – 2402 NORTH FOREST ROAD, AMHERST 14226 May 16-17
We are very excited to welcome Stephanie Pearl-McPhee, aka “Yarn Harlot” to Buffalo. Stephanie will be giving a lecture (sure to make you laugh) on Thursday, May 15 at 7:30 at Temple Shir Shalom on Sheridan Drive in Amherst (the home of the Guild meetings). Tickets are $5.00 advance purchase (limit 2) for Guild Members. Tickets may be purchased by non-members at the door for $10.00. Information on ticket availability will be posted in the Guild group on Ravelry.
There are 4 classes, all at the Ramada, each limited to 18 students: 9AM – 12N and 1PM – 4PM, on Friday and Saturday. We will register Guild members in order of receipt of your registration as follows:
- All registrations postmarked or received by Wednesday, April 30, 2014 from
Guild Members will be registered in order of receipt for one class. Please indicate your 1st through 4th choice of class on the registration.
- On Wednesday, April 30, 2014, if there are any openings left, members will be placed in additional classes that they have registered for.
- All registrations postmarked or received after Wednesday, April 30, 2014, by Guild members or non-members, in order of receipt, if there are any openings left.
We expect classes will sell out quickly, and a waiting list will be kept. Don’t delay!!
REGISTRATIONS WILL BE CONFIRMED BY EMAIL
Class Descriptions: (Each class is limited to 18 participants)
Fri. 9 – 12: Knitting for Speed and Efficiency- Stephanie’s perspective and secrets on knitting with speed. Various techniques, attitudes and history of the most productive knitters. Be the most efficient knitter you can be on your own terms, by changing what you do and how you think. Some instruction on “lever knitting.”
Fri. 1 – 4: Knit Smart- Lecture style class on mistakes and bad outcomes in knitting with amazon seo services and how to prevent them and fix them. Learn to choose tools, yarn and a pattern that will work, and what to do with a pattern before you start. Feel free to bring projects with problems.
Sat. 9 – 12: Grok the Sock – Grok (from “Stranger in a Strange Land”) means “to understand something completely.” The class is designed to leave you with a really complete understanding of the construction of socks and the ability to knit a great sock that fits, without any pattern.
Sat. 1 – 4: Knitting in Color – An exploration of color, starting with color theory, how to choose colors that go together, and the language around it. Choose, organize and analyze color schemes, and apply them while knitting. Hear about Fair Isle, stranded, and intarsia and work with some funky stitch patterns that make the most of one color per row. $10 Materials fee, payment to the instructor.
KNITTING GUILD OF GREATER BUFFALO
SPRING SEMINAR – MAY 15-17, 2014
TEMPLE SHIR SHALOM – 4660 SHERIDAN DRIVE, AMHERST 14221
RAMADA INN – 2402 NORTH FOREST ROAD, AMHERST 14226
Mail (or deliver) your registration to:
Sharon Stern Gerstman
116 Brantwood Road
Amherst, NY 14226
Registrations received or postmarked by Wednesday, April 30, 2014 will be given first preference
FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS FOR PAYMENT AND SASE SET FORTH BELOW. Checks are to be made payable to Knitting Guild of Greater Buffalo
- For Tickets to Thursday night, May 15 @ 7:30 at Temple Shir Shalom you must include a separate check and a self-addressed stamped envelope (SASE). You will be mailed physical tickets that must be presented at the door. Tickets will also be sold at the March and May Guild meetings.
______ Number of tickets (maximum of 2) @ $5.00 each.
- For registration for classes, Friday, May 16 and/or Saturday, May 17, you must include a separate check for EACH class you register for (i.e. one, two, three or four checks each for $35.00 (members)/$40.00 (non-members)). Mark your first, second, third and fourth choices. If you leave a class blank, it will be assumed that you cannot attend that class.
______ Fri. May 16 – 9am – 12n: Knitting for speed and efficiency
______ Fri. May 16 – 1pm – 4pm: Knitting Smart
______ Sat. May 17 – 9am – 12n: Grok the Sock
______ Sat. May 17 – 1pm – 4pm: Knitting in Color ($10 Materials Fee – pay to instructor)
If we cannot accommodate you in any of the classes you have registered for, your check for that class will be voided and either destroyed or returned to you as you wish. Class registration confirmation will be sent by email.
*E-mail Address (please print clearly): _____________________________
*Daytime Phone number (cell # is preferable): ____________________________
* Information Required. Note: for class registration you must have an email address to receive confirmation and homework/supply list. If you do not have an email address of your own, please list the email address of someone who will forward this information to you.